"I really enjoyed your article on making a three year plan. Do you have a template or any type of tool to help with making a three year plan?"
What an excellent question! Ha! I guess I ought to come up with a solution, not just a suggestion!
As I think about how to best answer this, I would think of it more as a process and less as a template:
Maybe something like this:
- Take the Spiritual Gifts self assessment (see http://thewell.cor.org/detail.aspx?ID=44)
- Write down what you are doing today that you are good at
- Write down what you are doing today that you enjoy (not always the same thing)
- Write down your job
- Write down your talents
- Write down your interests
- Write down any goals you have
- Write down what you are NOT doing that you wish you were
- Write down the answer to this question: "If Jesus showed up and had a special job just for you, what would it be?"
- Write down anything you feel that God is calling you to (obviously this is extremely important, but also the most difficult)
Now start looking for overlaps. For some it may jump out at them right away. For others it may take several times through the process.
I haven't done a lot of studying on this. I just came up with this on the fly. Any suggestions or tweaks? What would you do if you had to put your 3 year plan together. By the way...now that I suggested the 3 year plan, I've got to go do mine!