Saturday, January 30, 2010
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Dear Pastor Marc,
I heard about your book burning, and figured mine should be right there with all of the others. To destroy so much of what God has commissioned by setting people out as evangelists is contrarian to everything that the Bible says. I really think this is a foolish publicity stunt you’re doing, but if you’re going to, burn mine too.
I’m saying a prayer for you and anyone who feels that what you’re doing is a good idea.
The Bible in Rhyme
I don't think my letter or any letter will change their minds. Let the burning begin!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
- To every translator who poured his soul into converting the Greek and Aramaic into Latin so that the Catholic Church could spread the word.
- To Martin Luther for translating the Bible into German so that the common man could read it.
- King James and William Tyndale for their efforts to create an English translation of the Bible.
- To Kenneth Taylor for The Living Bible and Eugene Peterson for The Message - two beautiful paraphrases that help millions better understand what the Bible says.
- And to the O.A. (the Original Apostate) - Jesus Christ, who was shunned by the leaders of Judaism for making the law "too easy".
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."