Friday, November 16, 2007

The Two Towns

There was a fearsome king who sent a message to one of his towns saying, “I am coming to your town. Prepare the way for me.” The townspeople feared the king, so they sent all their workers out to fix the road and repair the potholes to prepare for his arrival. When the king arrived, a festival was thrown to welcome him, and he was overjoyed by them, saying, “You are my greatest subjects!”

Then the king sent a message to another town saying, “I am coming to your town. Prepare the way for me.”

The townspeople feared the king, so they said amongst themselves, “If we do not fix the road, his caravan will not be able to make it to our town,” so they did not repair the road.

Finally, the day came and the king and his entire entourage arrived at the town’s gate. The people called out, “How did you get here? We did not fix the road.”

The king replied, “You wicked people! Am I not the king! I filled in every hole in the road with the bodies of my enemies. I made my own path smooth. I know that you did not fix my path because you fear me. How much more shall you fear me now that you have set yourselves against me and know what I do to my enemies!”

Make straight the path of the Lord and prepare for His coming. For He shall come, and when He does, it is our decision whether he arrives in love or fury.

1 comment:

Falantedios said...

oh, wow. That's gritty, crunchy, REAL. What an awesome God we have!

Nick