Wednesday, December 26, 2007

After the Coma

A man woke up from a coma after ten years. It was an amazing thing, so friends, family, and reporters gathered around to ask him questions.

"Are you angry for having missed so much of your life?" they asked him.

"No, I am not angry," he replied.

"Then you must be very happy because of this!" they said.

"No, I am not happy," he responded.

The people were confused by his responses, so they asked him, "Then what are you feeling?"

"I'm scared," the man said. "Before the coma, I lived a selfish life focused only on myself. But now I have lost ten years of my life. God obviously wants me to live for some reason, but I do not know what it is. So I am afraid because I must find that reason and then pursue it with all of the days I have remaining."

This was not something that the media wanted to hear. Nor were his friends and family happy with the answer he had given, so they all left him, grumbling amongst themselves.

But one reporter stayed behind. He approached the man and said, "That was a wise answer you gave. I believe there is something that God wants to do with my life too, but I do not know what it is. I am willing to give up my career to join you."

The man said to the reporter, "Are you afraid too?"

"Yes," the reporter replied.

"Then we will certainly do great things together," the man said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seriously have a gift. Have you ever thought about putting these into a book or something?

Kyle said...

Wow! Thank you, Ryleen. That is so kind of you to say. And to know that people are reading these and enjoying them helps remind me that the Lord is using me in the ways that He wants to.

Yes, I have thought about putting these into a book. My brother is an author, and he has been an inspiration to get me to write. Actually, he and his agent are working on getting his books out into the market right now, and his agent was kind enough to read a different piece that I have been working on over the last two years. I am not quite ready to publicly release what it is, but I am hopeful that I can do that in the very near future.

It too is a Judeo-Christian writing.