Friday, December 7, 2007

Thoughts on Today's Post

The one I'm posting today is merely a spin on a parable Jesus told. The main difference is that this post is focused not on the rejection by the faithful, but on the fact that the poor in spirit, after they have found hope, want to share it with others they know who are poor in spirit as well. I find that when I was a nominally religious person and I finally found truth, hope, and joy in God, I wanted to share that more than I ever believed possible. But those who have always had the faith that I lacked for so long...well, it often seems that they have become accustomed to it, take it for granted, and judge those of us who don't understand yet. I think we all need to remember and hold dear that experience of finally coming to understand that God really does love us and wants us close to Him.

No comments: