Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Watering the Flowers

A woman had a pot of flowers placed in good soil that she kept in her house. On a regular basis she watered them, but it was never quite enough. The flower was always just a bit dry, but it did not die.

The woman's daughter noticed this and finally could not stop herself from saying something.

"Mother, you are not giving those flowers enough water," she said. "Just a little more and it would be perfect."

"No," her mother replied. "I know I am supposed to give it a little more water, but I like to leave it always thirsty for more. God does the same for me. He gives me enough of Himself to be nearly filled, but I am always wanting more. In this way, I continue to grow upwards, always reaching for Him, but never quite there."

Then the woman looked up and noticed her daughter in tears.

"What's wrong?" the mother asked.

"I am so dry," the daughter replied.

"Then come and be watered."

No comments: